January 26, 2014

Quilt #2 - Blue Sherbet Pips

Quilt #2 went to Miss Reese
it is almost identical to the first quilt I made for Eve,
but more on the blue side with a different back fabric
I used my quilting rulers and tailor's chalk to lay out the diamond pattern
and curved basting pins to secure it
I loooovvvveeee that turquoise polka dot fabric
I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her
I had a lot of technical issues with these first two quilts. Pickel and Marija gave me every bit of advice they had in their arsenal, but in the end I had to pull in the big guns. Who knew Bernie would become my head sewing machine mechanic. After several HOURS of ripping out bad stitches, we figured out there was a problem with the metal bobbins I was using, they were getting hung up in the bobbin holder and caused tension issues. I switched to the plastic bobbins that came with my machine and all was right with the world. I can't tell you how frustrating it was. So there is some less than perfect stitches, but what are you going to do? Start over? Nope. Learn and move on. Sewing 3 quilts in 2 weeks taught me so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails