October 13, 2013

Upstairs Hall

When we bought our house the walls were painted peachy-mustard throughout. The first floor and basement were painted before we moved in but the upstairs hall remained. It barely took any time at all to paint, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Now, every time I walk upstairs I swoon, just a little bit. The new rug and light are just an added bonus.

Before: 
old wall color, boob light, cheap-o rug from the last house, test swatch of a new paint color
During
wall color: Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter HC-172
ceiling color: Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace
After
new light from Lowes, I spray painted it "champaign" after seeing it done here
it was relatively inexpensive and it sparkles at night
our new rug!!! a tribal Kazak
my first real grown-up rug
Mollee puked on it the first week, le sigh….
 City Park illustration from Etsy, Ikea frame
restored brass switch plate, instructions here
First attempt at a rug from West Elm. This rug was hideous in person and too small.
Rug inspiration
I love it
we still have to paint all the trim and doors…someday


1 comment:

  1. I would love to read more content relating to current affairs from your esteemed blog, keep posting nice and informative stuff like this…!!! Interior design ideas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails