July 29, 2012

Alden Days 2011

I don't think I posted these pics on the ole blog last year after Bernie, Maura, and I went to Alden, and since we didn't make it to Alden Days this year I thought we would attend in spirit. All the Hoffman-Knapp's descend on Alden every year for Alden Days. Last year the DiClaudio's were nice enough to let us use their beautiful home which was just a hop, skip and a jump from the Knapp's house. We had a great time as usual and I hope everyone had fun this year…sniff...without us…sniff sniff.
The DiClaudio's cottage
relaxing at the Knapp's
Bernie teaching Jack how to tinker
a tribute to Tonga
little Charlie Tru charming his Aunt Nenny
 The Alden Run - Maura's first 5k
 Maura wore flip flops
I didn't warn her there would be a 5k in her future
next year I'll teach her the art of looking fast at the finish even if you walk the whole way
the dragon didn't survive the big move
 the big parade
 Jen and the kids in the parade
Maura has her parade wave down
 Bernie and Ginger howling
Jack waving at the po po
 my Dad would be proud, Maura and I made the required pilgrimage to "the sign"
our first trip there together
when I visited a few weeks ago she told me that trip "was like the best 4 days of my life"
*still smiling over that one*
the Knapp's have that effect on people


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails