May 1, 2012

Parlor Reveal

We still have plenty of accessorizing to do but this is as close to finished as our parlor has been since we moved in almost 3 years ago! See the before pics here. Just a couple of months ago the walls were too blue, we didn't have any lighting, and our chairs were in desperate need of new fabric. Now all those problems are fixed!

I'm absolutely in love with the new wall color
Cornforth White from Farrow & Ball
Not sure if the gold lamp will stay or go or change colors.
Our Michelle Armas painting looks better with the new wall color. I've hung her high, I've hung her low, I've hung her in between and something still seems just a bit off with the placement. Any ideas?
Remember Bubbles? She doesn't show up too well in these pictures but she's gorgeous and we love her. She came from Interior Homescapes just in the nick of time before our house guests arrived thanks to Chris Campbell who provided some fantastic customer service. Thanks again! We used a push button dimmer switch from Schoolhouse Electric with an antique black cover plate.
I bought these vintage Drexel chairs from Mod Livin' awhile ago and Bernie really did not like them one bit. I got them redone anyway because I was sure I had made the right choice buying these chairs (and I was right, seriously, how awesome are they?). Now that they have new fabric and new cushions he loves them and we sit in the parlor all the time. The upholstery was done in less than two weeks by Tien Nguyen's Furniture Upholstery in Denver. Tien beat his 3 week estimate (by a lot) so we could have these chairs in time for Danielle and Boyd's visit. It was great that we had their visit as a deadline or we would probably still be painting. And I'm lucky that all the stars aligned and we were able to get everything done in time.
I work from home most days out of our dining room. Every time I look over at the parlor I swoon just a little bit. It is hard to see in this picture, but the reflection of the stained glass in the mirror is just so pretty. And I love the green tones of the plants and accessories against the grey. I put all our "stuff" in one corner of the room and let Danielle move things around when she visited last month. Good idea on my part, she made some great choices that I would not have thought of. We still have plenty of finishing touches to do but now we can actually enjoy this room - yeah! Makes you want to come visit us right?
now…what will our next project be???






1 comment:

  1. Really nicely done and I am in loooove with Bubbles.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails