March 10, 2012

Rioja

We finally made it to dinner at Rioja during Denver Restaurant Week. I've been wanting to go forever and man was it worth the wait! Soooo good. It was the best Denver restaurant I've been to in awhile. Spanish food. Great service. What else could you ask for? If you don't take advantage of Restaurant Week you're missing out on a great deal. For $52.80, a couple can have a three course meal at any of the best restaurants in town. It is the perfect way to try out someplace new without breaking the bank. I appreciated that instead of just offering a prix fixe menu, you could get anything off their menu for an additional price. My entree was an additional $8 but everything else (except the wine) was included. So good, can't wait to go back. I would probably order the same damn thing, seriously.
I can't remember what wine we ordered
a Spanish garnacha
very good
 a "picnic" of artisan meats, cheese, olives, fennel salad, almonds
 big surprise here - I had beef short ribs with brussels sprouts
it was incredible, one of the best I've ever had
 Bernie got a sushi grade salmon filet that he absolutely loved
hazelnut tortamisu
 I never would have ordered this dessert based on the menu description
but I saw it being made and it looked incredible and tasted even better
 Larimer Square
So, who wants to go to dinner? I'm ready to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails