December 10, 2011

New York City

I spent the week in New York and Connecticut for work which is great because I get to stay with one of my very good friends, Danielle, and her family. She made me green juice every morning and dinner each night and she has the best guest bed of all time. But for some reason her daughter and I weren't seeing eye to eye on a few things. Maybe I took too much of Mom's time. She's 4. They are hard to argue with. But I forget I'm 27 and should know better.
So we went out and got Elf on a Shelf (just learned about it last week, thanks ladies!!!) and things got straightened out in a matter of minutes. It was amazing. Marija called him the KGB of Christmas and she was totally right. Best. Idea. Ever. Reese was in a time out and coincidentally Santa called. He sent the Elf. Help had arrived. Danielle is an awesome pretender. Reese found the Elf. We read the book. We named the Elf. And all was right in the world. She kept one eye on that elf from then on. He was watching.
After a week with too much work and too little sleep I got 9 hours of sleep Friday night! Unheard of. Incredible. Saturday Danielle and I went antique shopping in Connecticut where I had the best pain au chocolate of all time. It was so awesome we just kept making the yum yum noises the entire time.
Afterwards I headed to Manhattan for the weekend to do a little Christmas shopping. I had an early dinner at Café Boulud and it was excellent. The restaurant was fancier than I expected, everyone (but me) was super dressed up. The table next to me was French so it was like being back in Paris.
 endive salad - beautiful but the flavors weren't well balanced
did I just say that?
 braised beef short ribs (what else did you expect?)
incredible flavors, beautifully presented on a slate board
I didn't like it at all
 dessert? why not
 molten chocolate cake
 they served these warm little donut puff thingies
 the subway was packed, this guy was awesome
not gonna lie, I ran and pushed to get into a stuffed car
 Bloomingdale's
I'm on the Upper East Side, gotta love Marriott points

p.s. depending on when you read this and whether or not I figured out how to fix it…my blog header may still be fugged up.


2 comments:

  1. BEST pain au chocolat? in conneticut? get your ass back here on the next plane possible. that's just blasphemy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, it was heaven! No one was more surprised than me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails