November 6, 2011

Versailles

One of these days I'll get through all of the pictures from our trip to Paris. Here are a few from our day at Versailles. The excess in which these kings lived is unimaginable. We didn't come close to seeing it all even after walking for hours. It rained most of the day but at least our time in the gardens was dry. I can't wait to go back and spend a day just wandering the gardens.
the main gate shot from inside the ministers' courtyard 
egg & dart crown molding just like we're doing in our home, très chic
Chapelle Royale 
 can you imagine living here looking out the windows each day? I die.
 every room in this hall was a different colored damask
I guess this makes our dining room très French
 the hardware had such detail
and so did the ceilings
 a little break for lunch at Angelina's before heading out to the gardens
 Fountain of Latona
 The Grand Canal
 the gardens behind the Grand Trianon
the Grand Trianon was my favorite - those gardens!
and you can't go wrong with pink marble
 sometimes I just can't help myself
a bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails