August 17, 2011

A night in NYC & Bar Boulud

A few weeks ago I went to NY for work. I spent a night in Manhattan before I flew home
Rockefeller Center
loved the facade on this building
a pretty fountain
to prepare for Paris I chose a French restaurant for dinner
I walked the 2 miles to Bar Boulud and it was oh so yummy!
I sat outside and enjoyed some French wine
salad with pickled peaches and a rosé from Provence
eccentric crazy lady wore her shades all night
and gave her waiter a crazy hard time
for dinner I had paleron de boeuf
I didn't know you could braise a flatiron steak
I couldn't believe how tender it was
it went perfectly with a glass of Crozes-Hermitage from the northern Rhône
I'm sorry...but "old and hard" and "washed and stinky" cheeses???
Monsieur Boulud has a sense of humor
 macarons!
if I were to go back it would be at lunch for Daniel Boulud's croque madame
it looks incredible
The next morning I met my good friend Danielle for a walk around the city
Sadly I didn't take a single picture
We started at the new Bouchon Bakery in Rockefeller Center
coffee with pain au chocolate was perfection
We walked Manhattan looking at fabrics, getting Starbucks, stopping at Lululemon
It was the perfect day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails