July 28, 2011

Bernie's Room Update

I haven't posted anything on Bernie's Room in 3 months and that's because I don't think I've done more than 6 hours worth of work on our spare bedroom makeover in that time. Maybe admitting this to the world will shame me into finishing. We have made progress, but I need to get this room finished before we head into another year of having it in shambles.

Bernie installed a simple Elfa closet system from The Container Store awhile back
"system" might be a bit of a stretch for this mini closet but it is better than what we had

Ta da!
2 shelves, 2 hanging rods and a row of hooks
remember the dresser makeover? I did get it started...
but then it had to move across the hall to make room for the new bed
The bed and headboard finally arrived from West Elm after 4 frickin months, you heard me,  4 frickin months! At the time I placed the order the narrow leg bed frame was quoted at 2 or 3 weeks I think, ours took about 16 weeks. Custom upholstery is 10-12 weeks standard, ours took at least 15 after expediting. After all that we didn't even get the bed frame we ordered because they had no clue when those would get on a boat to the states. 

On the bright side, a great customer service rep stepped in and made everything right. Right enough to keep me as a customer even after such a bad experience. But they should have put her on the job a month sooner and it shouldn't have taken a dozen or more emails from me to get this level of response. I was ready to cancel the entire order because there wasn't a doubt in my mind that we wouldn't have gotten the bed frame without her intervention. This woman knew how to make things happen - thanks Mary!!!

Bernie put it all together in under an hour
I assisted
note: here is proof that men do sometimes read instructions!
install tip: god help ya if you have to attach the headboard with the allen wrench they provide, get out the drill
diamond tufted headboard in dove gray performance velvet
simple bed frame in white (duh)
need to go buy a mattress
 I wish the tufting was more pronounced, but the price was right
dresser parts are strewn about the second floor
I can't believe I'm even showing this mess
this is "my room" aka our other spare bedroom and will be our next makeover series
if when we ever finish Bernie's room
and please, no comments about the sad and lonely sewing machine waiting to make this rug
it wouldn't have been so bad if I just had to paint the drawer fronts

but that dresser had a stank that wouldn't go away for nothin'
I had to prime and paint his insides too
and this stinky old gentleman was thirsty

new champagne colored curtains & white linen sheers
curtains and the duvet
 rug fabric, sham and duvet
a mix of champagne, gray, slate, silver and white that I hope will work well together
it is getting close, closer than it looks hopefully

we will finish this room we will finish this room we will finish this room




2 comments:

  1. Nice work Keri. I applaud that you even try to do these projects. For me, I am only motivated to redecorate when I decide I want to sell a place, which is an ass-backwards approach for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the champagne, slate, silver and white. It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails