June 6, 2011

Pickel's Quilt

I have to tell you a little story about a girl named Pickel and one of the best ideas I have ever heard for a new baby gift. When I saw her latest blog post I just had to share. Pickel aka Nicole is a BFF of my sister-in-law, the other Mrs. Hoffman. Most of us met her at this wedding (Pickel is in the "American Gothic" pic on the right). That should have been the end of it right? Enter Facebook and the whole Hoffman-Knapp clan became fast friends with Pickel. Should I even mention that I'm so naturally bitchy I was all why is this girl that I met once friending me on Facebook??? It's true, I'm not friendly. Until you know me. And even then it can be hit or miss. Pickel is obviously the exact opposite of me. She was in the Peace Corps for crying out loud. And she's a teacher. 

Flash forward 2 years and we're friends. Now she has an Etsy shop and I have a frickin sewing machine. Long stories.

When Pickel and her Mister found out they were expecting, she launched an impressive plan for a quilt for their baby. It was a beautiful idea: send in a fabric square and a "wish" for the baby and she would take care of the rest. She then blogged about all the lovely fabric she was getting from all corners of the world and her progress on putting it all together.
read about the finished quilt here
my fabric

She not only concocted this plan and sewed a hugeassbeautiful quilt while pregnant but she took the time to write a little blurb about all of us with pictures of the fabrics we sent in. Oh, and there were 40 of us and she's like 10 months pregnant. See each of the circles here.

I'm #33
my sister-in-law Anne Marie is #19
my cousin-in-law Marija is #6
my friend Karin who hasn't yet even met Pickel is #28

I started typing this post just a little while ago. And I started thinking, what if Pickel is having her baby as I type this??? Sure enough, it's a boy! Congrats to Pickel and her Mister. And to my other friends Jodie and Michael who had a beautiful baby girl today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails