February 6, 2011

Paris!!! part II

Our walking tour of Paris continues...
read part 1 if you missed it
The next three pictures are taken near the Musée du Louvre
1st arrondissement
Shaboom and I had lunch at Le Café Marly at the Louvre. We split a half bottle of nice Bordeaux and I had my very first Croque Madame! So perfect!
(the menu and restaurant pic courtesy of Shaboom)
I would kill for a picture of our hostess. She was a 6 foot tall supermodel working in 4 inch heels and she was completely fabulous. Our waiter was perfectly French.
it seems impossible to take a bad picture in Paris - doesn't this meal look incredible?
We left the Louvre and walked...and walked...and made our way down the Champs-Elysées
l'Arc de Triomphe is at one end...
 ...La Roue d'Excellence at the other
Sometime before the pictures on the Champs-Elysées we stopped at Ladurée for a little more wine and a few macarons...more on that in the next post. 
I don't remember quite how we got everywhere, we walked passed beautiful windows on a Rodeo-Drive-esque street and past the tunnel where Princess Diana died. We looked at the Eiffel Tower from across the Seine...
...and then from the Trocadéro
Looks a little different than it did in 1900 right?
picture courtesy of the internet
I think we took a subway and then walked through the only sketch neighborhood of the day past the Moulin Rouge in the 18th. I didn't take anymore pictures at this point which is really too bad. We went to Shaboom's favorite church, Basilique du Sacré-Cœur. It was so beautiful, and the view of Paris was a-mazing! Now, I could have guessed this next part from the crazy amount of time we spent walking up hill and up endless stairs but I consulted the internets to be sure...Sacré-Cœur is located at the summit of the butte Montmarte, the highest point in the Paris. No joke. And this kind of sums up the French Skinny lifestyle...good friends, good food, good wine, and lots of fucking stairs! Merci Shaboom!!! My first and only 12 hours in Paris could not have been more perfect! I look forward to visiting you in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! Everything looks absolutely amazing!!! Great photos!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Eiffel Tower shot. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails