February 15, 2011

Macarons and Chocolate

I can't seem to find time to blog lately, and I actually have quite a few things to share! I thought I would wrap up my little European tour with one final post on Macarons! I was expecting beautiful macarons in Paris and was pleasantly surprised to see such beautiful macarons when I was in Brussels. So I decided that a little macaron taste test was in order. And why not try a little Belgian chocolate while we're at it? Unfortunately I waited until I got home and my pretty little macarons got a little, ummm, stale. Luckily Shaboom and I went to Ladurée while I was in Paris and shared four beautiful macarons. I don't recall the flavors except the hands down winner, salted caramel. Seriously to die for. I took a bite, my eyes rolled in the back of my head. Shaboom looked at me, "Right!?!" with a huge smile and an understanding nod. She was totally right. Best macaron ever.

Ladurée - there was practically a line out the door to get macarons and sit in the restaurant but the bar area in the back was virtually empty. And can you believe how beautiful the bar is? The walls, the chairs, everything - amazing. And no pictures allowed...ahem.
Ladurée macarons are almost as beautiful in Denver as they are in Paris!
Pierre Marcolini in Brussels. A beautiful black masculine store front with little macarons and sleek chocolate
Wittamer in Brussels is the exact opposite of Pierre Marcolini's - all pink and girly. The first two chocolates I had were the two best pieces of chocolate I have ever had in my entire life. The rest...not so much. But those two...I won't soon forget them.
That's it for this trip, hope to go to Paris again in the Fall. Until then...Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails