December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a bit of an odd Christmas this year. With all the travel I've been doing lately and with both of us getting sick for pretty much the last two months of the year I just couldn't get in the spirit. I threw up our stockings and then last minute decided to buy a real tree which I have never done before. I've also never used colored lights and after trying them I'm not a fan. I didn't buy enough lights and couldn't find any more after two trips to Target on Xmas eve so I made due. Never even put a tree skirt around it or any ornaments. It was a little sad tree but it looked Christmas-y enough I guess.
My vision was this pretty little live potted tree - fail!
We played around with Bernie's i-phone Hipstamatic app but we have some pretty challenging light in our house. Anyway, I love the old look even if they aren't perfect. Bernie's Secret Santa Marija fulfilled his wish for an ugly Xmas sweater. It has kittens playing which went nicely with his dog themed pj pants.
Typically we have dinner on Christmas Eve with friends but they went East this year and because Bernie hadn't been feeling well we postponed dinner until xmas. Since it was just the two of us I didn't want to go to any great effort plus I've been tres lazy when it comes to cooking lately. We had a simple salad and baguette, filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and Brussels sprouts - all from Tony's, the best meat market in town. Unfortunately after Bernie ate his salad and a piece of baguette he didn't feel good. I had a few bites of my dinner and we packed the rest up and ate it the next day. I had opened a fabulous bottle of wine which I didn't let go to waste, duh!
Woof

For New Year's Eve we're heading back to Barolo Grill in Denver for what should be a fabulous five-course dinner. We went there last year and it was incredible. Read about it here. I'm hoping it becomes a tradition. It snowed last year and it is supposed to snow again this year but hopefully not too much. What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails