November 2, 2010

BL3 Week 9

ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT!!! A lot of progress was made this week - good job everyone!

Drum roll please! Remember this is a running total, not a weekly result. (positive #'s are good, negative #'s not so much)

Keri 4.65%
Danielle -2.81%
Karin 2.02%
Claire 3.70%
Lori -1.64%
Michelle S-B 0.00%
Michelle M-K -1.78%
Sharon 3.07%
Bernice 3.36%
Carolina 0.81%
Melinda -0.64%

I'm first, wooh hoo!  And Claire made a big power play this week up from 4th to 2nd place - keep running girl!  And keep letting Heather kick your ass!  Bernice isn't far behind in 3rd.  It's been a tight race so far.  Still anyone's game.

This week I've focused on eating healthy unprocessed food and not eating out.  I juiced almost every day and had a lot of fruit smoothies (non dairy).  A couple pieces of Halloween candy may have come my way by overall I ate really well.  I also tried to be active every day. I made it to 3 yoga classes and a weight workout along with 2 walks to the dog park (1.5m round trip).

So the last couple of days I've been sneezing.  A lot.  Then I got this article and thought I would share since we are getting into fall and starting to close up our windows.  I know my house is stinking like a big dog for sure. This is the summary:

There are a variety of things you can do to improve the quality of the air in your home or indoor space including:

1. Open the windows – let the air flow and circulate.

2. Leave your shoes at the door – avoid tracking the grime off the street into your living space. Did you know that 70-80% of the dirt in our homes comes in off our shoes? Seems like a no-brainer to leave your shoes at the door after hearing this stat.

3. Vacuum and wet mop floors at least once a week. If you have animals, you should clean the floors two times per week.

4. Use plants as natural air purifiers. A NASA study states that there are some plants that help clean the air better than others. Check out photos of these plants.

5. Purchase eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaning supplies, as we talked about in my previous blog.

6. Don’t use toxic pesticides on your lawn. These chemicals come in the door on little feet and paws and settle into your carpet or floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails