July 25, 2010

It's time for a cleanse y'all

So, here's the deal.  A few of us are staring a cleanse/detox on Monday and I've invited my girlfriends to do some guest blogging about their experience.  I'll post soon on what my plan is but first up is my girl Claire who suggested the cleanse, which I was already considering so it was perfect timing.  We agreed upon 1 week, but I'm already thinking two might be better.

Day: 0
Weight: 145.5
Feel: apprehensive and a little anxious...

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Claire and I'm pretty lazy when it comes to food. I'm married to a wonderful man who cooks every meal we eat and cleans up afterwards. He even tries to cook healthy meals, which isn't always an easy task. So while I'm waiting for his delicious meal, I typically snack on whatever I can find, and while I'm waiting for him to finish cleaning up afterwards, I typically help myself to a ginormous serving of low fat ice cream. Breakfast is often yogurt and granola, but going along with my laziness, I often just settle for a processed bar or skip breakfast all together, and then munch on honey roasted peanuts until 3pm, when I pop my lean cuisine into the microwave. I like to fool myself into thinking that the high sodium, low calorie, processed meal is healthy.

I'm a little less ashamed of my physical activity. For a while, I was trying to win a contest and prepping to visit my in-laws, during which I knew I'd have to wear a bathing suit. Thus, I was doing 30 minutes of weights five times a week, running 2-3 miles every day, working out with a trainer 2-3 times a week, and doing power yoga once a week. My life was complete when my mother-in-law (a junior size 00 who complains that she can't keep weight on- hmph.) announced that I looked good, though she then proceeded to give me advice on how to stay that way, as though I'd magically arrived at my newly-toned physique by mistake. In any case, after achieving my life's goal, I started eating whatever I wanted and running once a week and sitting on the couch the rest of the time. To be fair, I had a lot of DVR'd programs to catch up on after vacation.

So here I am, eight pounds heavier than when I went on vacation three weeks ago, and feeling like I owe myself more. And I'm going to give myself more! So starting Monday, my two comrades in the fight against flab and I will embark on a very scary detox. It involves putting a lot of creativity and energy into my meals, neither of which are my strong points, but I'm determined to do this! I'm going to have juice for breakfast and lunch, snacks will consist of homemade hummus and carrots, walnuts, and apples and organic peanut butter, and dinner will be green smoothies, juice and/or salads with frozen raspberries for dessert. My darling husband will continue to eat his delicious meals, so that means I'll have to wash and cut my own fruits and veggies and even scrub my own juicer! And that's it- no aspirin, no caffeine, no booze (tear).

On top of that, I'll go to the trainer with Chels and Ker on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and (my personal favorite) a massage on Friday- kind of a reward for going five days and preparation for the last two days of the cleanse. My goals of the cleanse are the obvious ones- to get back on track, look better and feel better, but also to prove to myself that I do have willpower after all. I want to inspire people to live a healthier life, and I want to feel and look better than I ever have. I have a birthday coming up in September- a big one for me!- and I want to enter this next chapter of my life a healthier person physically and mentally. No pressure ;)

So what's not part of this cleanse? My trashy TV- I'll still enjoy "Teen Moms," "Bridezillas," "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," and, of course, Lifetime movies. Hey- one hurdle at a time. In fact, I'm really looking forward to Saturday- Chels, Ker and I will enjoy a total Girls' Day: mani/pedis, juicing, Lifetime movies (!!) and swapping stories about our husbands. I can't wait :)

Truth be told, I'm a little nervous about this week, but I'm super excited that Chels and Ker decided to do it with me, and that my darling husband didn't laugh when I told him what I wanted to do. Seatbelts on- no turning back!

p.s. I've never written a blog before. Hope that's clever enough.  But that's my diet- juice at least twice a day (I googled recipies to make sure I had the right nutrients) and I'm going to make my own hummus and have peanut butter for protein, plus organic, unsalted walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails