July 31, 2010

Detox Day 6

Day 6
Down 3.2lbs!

Starting to feel like this should be a way of life versus a one week detox.  Not 100%, but maybe 80%?  A girl still has to get some pizza and steak on occasion.  Plus, I've lost 3.2lbs and the week isn't even over.  And since I'm not doing any kind of radical diet, I don't see any reason not to keep it off.  Pretty good motivation to keep going I think.

8:30am Basil, lime, apple, cuke juice. My favorite.

9:00am Worked out in the park with Heather and Claire. She took it easy on us even after I taunted her all day. CB has been eating far less food than me and was suffering.

10:00am Breakfast. Had a pear and some cherries. Then I dodged the crazy crowds at the farmer’s market and Whole Foods. Seriously people, walk with a purpose. I’m stocked up for a few more days of raw foods before I go to po-dunk on a work trip for a few days. I’m so happy with the weight loss I’m hoping this trip doesn’t ruin all my hard work. Had a banana when I got home.

12:00pm took the dog for a 30 minute walk around the park.

1:15pm lunch. Made pizza with thin crust, tomatoes, basil, and goat cheese. No sauce or pepperoni, just kept it simple and healthy. Very filling.

Thought about going to yoga because I was feeling pretty good but than I had a So You Think You Can Dance marathon on the couch.

5:00pm beet, carrot, apple, lemon juice. I think I’m getting to like this mixture and beets make me feel like I’m being Über healthy.

7:00pm dinner. Fresh pasta with sautéed spinach, green onions, garlic, zucchini, yellow pear tomatoes, olive oil, and goat cheese. Dark chocolate.

I didn’t make this soup but here is another detox recipe if anyone is interested. It is from my girl Gwyn’s blog Goop. It looked pretty good. I’ve kind of been having the same stuff during the day so I haven’t had any new recipes to post.

BROCCOLI and ARUGULA SOUP (GOOP)

This is a clean, basic approach to soup that showcases the vegetable. You can make this with nearly anything – including peas and basil, zucchini, carrots and ginger. In this case, broccoli is made a bit more dynamic with a handful of peppery arugula. When you’re detoxing and drinking lots of juices and smoothies, it’s a nice change to have something warm. This recipe makes enough soup for at least two portions, but it’s easier to make it once and eat it twice.

SERVES: 2

Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for just a minute or until fragrant. Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes or until bright green. Add the water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook for eight minutes or until the broccoli is just tender. Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids; start slowly and work in batches if necessary (you don’t want the steam to blow the lid off). Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon.

- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 2/3 pound)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon each coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup arugula (watercress would be good, too)
- 1/2 lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails