May 19, 2010

BL2 Week 6 - half way done!

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 6 (this is a running total, not a weekly result).  I'm putting Heidi on probation from being our leader until she weighs in again...it's been 3 weeks.  I'm sure she's still kicking ass after her vacation.  So this week we have Sharon, Karin, and Michelle all pushing or exceeding the 3% mark!  Way to go ladies!

Keri 1.01%
Pickel 0.56%
Karin 3.02%
Carolina 0.79%
Kristy 1.70%
Auntie Ann 0.68%
Jennifer 2.75%
Tracy 0.00%
Danielle 1.39%
Claire 2.81%
Mindy 0.65%
Jamie 2.14%
Amy S-C -0.64%
Lara 0.00%
Marcy 0.69%
Megan 1.19%
Leah 1.14%
Molly 1.47%
Heidi 8.62%
Anne Marie 0.00%
Amanda 1.16%
Michelle 2.96%
Lori 2.64%
Stef 0.76%
Chelsea 1.48%
Sharon 3.69%

I went to the endocrinologist again this week to get my hypothyroidism checked.  Then I got one of my daily emails from Everyday Health and thought I would post some symptoms.  Hopefully you are getting a thyroid panel with your yearly physical (you are getting a yearly physical right?).  Let me tell you, this shit sneaks up on you like a ninja.

If your thyroid doesn’t secrete enough hormones into your blood, you may suffer from hypothyroidism and a slowing down of bodily functions that could cause more serious complications, like high cholesterol and heart trouble.  Initial symptoms of hypothyroidism might include:

  • Fatigue
  • Weight gain
  • Cold intolerance
  • Dry or brittle hair
  • Memory problems
  • Irritability and depression
  • Higher cholesterol levels
  • Slower heart rate
  • Constipation, or sluggish bowel
Unfortunately I had all the symptoms except cold intolerance and dry hair.  Even medicated many symptoms still linger.  It took me a year between physicals to know what was wrong.  One year fine, one year the Ninja took me down and I didn't even see him coming.

1 comment:

  1. Desiccated porcine thyroid is an all-natural thyroid supplement that works with your body’s own systems to help the thyroid produce the right amount of hormone for your everyday needs.
    If you want your thyroid gland functioning in top condition,porcine can help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails