May 17, 2010

6 months and what do I have to show for it?

It's been 6 months since I've started blogging.  It has been fun but I've not been as productive as I would have hoped.  This is the jist of my first post or you can read the whole thing here:
This is a year in my life...I have goals to grow my own food, be a better wife, become a real runner, drink good wine, get another dog, lose lots of weight (but still enjoy great food), live more with less (I'm kidding myself with this one) and spend more time being creative. This is it. This is My Year. And it started on a random Tuesday night.
Having a little bit of a pity party today I must admit.  Not sure even what led me to ask the question, how long have I been blogging?  6 months?  Ugh.  I don't feel like I'm making much progress, mainly in the weight-loss area.  Spinning my wheels.  More like I have a boot on my wheels. 

It takes lots of work and I just haven't put in the effort.  Haven't wanted to.  On a positive note moving to the city has been awesome.  I love walking to restaurants, to the park, tot he market, to the coffee shop, etc.  I loved that a marathon started in my front yard yesterday (minus the announcer that started at 5am).  The garden is a fun work in progress.  So rewarding and I've been able to give seedlings to four different families for their gardens.  Here's to a strong finish to My Year!  No more wasting time.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, don't get discouraged just b/c you've been doing other things and not accomplishing all the things you wanted.
    Celebrate your success, you are growing your food, I think you are pretty good wife (no room for improvement!!), you're walking faster, you travel too much to get another dog, you are drinking good wine (specially from Chile!!), you're cooking more, you're more health conscious and you are sooo creative (just look at your decorative skills!!!)
    Overall, you're kicking ass on your year, and it seems to be a pretty good one I might say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Carolina! Thanks for introducing me to all that great Chilean wine!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails