April 13, 2010

BL2 Week 1 is Over!

TUESDAY NIGHT PRESENTS...
THE SEQUEL
You might have thought I wouldn't check, but you would be wrong.  Chelsea was the ONLY one to lose weight over the two weeks between contests - props to you girl!  Amanda and Ann stayed the same.  The rest of us?  You know what we did.  Today is a new day.

Most of you told me your weight loss goals (391 pounds between the 26 of us), so here are some of my goals over the next 12 weeks.  These goals are all kind of intertwined with the end goal of losing 25-30lbs by finding some balance, kicking it old school as the kids say.  They do still say that right?
  • In an attempt to educate myself on what it means to eat in season, from May - November my goal is to only buy produce/fruit from farmer's markets or get it out of my garden.  Find a farmer's market near you here.  I just put opening day on my calendar.
  • Eat as fresh and as local as possible.  If your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize what you're eating as food, should you be eating it?  Probably not.
  • Cook my meals and eat them at the table without the t.v. and without my computer (eek!) - we've done this over the last week and guess what, you can actually have a conversation!  Who knew!?!
  • Try to move every day if even just a casual walk in the park.  5 minutes of exercise is better than 0 minutes of exercise.  Bernie and I have walked the dog a few times in the last week and guess what?  More conversation!  How will my marriage survive all this talking???
  • Incorporate more non-exercise like walking to the market, restaurants, coffee shop, etc.  The dog is totally on board with this plan.  Living in the city allows me to walk to so many more things than when we were in the 'burbs.  If I can walk to get that baguette, that sucker is mine.
  • Plan and Schedule - meal plans, grocery lists, workouts, etc.
  • Finish in the Top 5 of this contest.  Last time I was cursed by laziness and won't let that happen again.  Really I want to win, but I won't let me being cocky jinx me again this time.
  • If I do all of the above, maybe, hopefully, definitely I will lose the 25-30lbs I'm hoping to lose and learn a few things in the process.

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 1 (this is a running total, not a weekly result).  Not everyone weighed in Day 1 hence a few n/a's.  Heidi jumped out front with a commanding lead!  Followed by Sharon and Karin.  Pretty good week one if I do say.  As a group we lost over 33lbs and several haven't even weighed in yet.  I think last week I set a goal for the team of 250lbs - no problem.  Congrats ladies!!!

Keri 0.84%
Pickel 0.89%
Karin 1.74%
Carolina 0.40%
Kristy N/A
Auntie Ann 0.68%
Jennifer 0.98%
Tracy N/A
Danielle 1.08%
Claire 1.40%
Mindy 0.00%
Jamie 0.97%
Amy S-C -0.64%
Lara 1.49%
Marcy 1.03%
Megan 1.73%
Leah 0.88%
Molly -0.37%
Heidi 3.12%
Anne Marie N/A
Amanda 0.00%
Michelle 0.59%
Lori 0.92%
Stef N/A
Chelsea 0.66%
Sharon 1.96%

Weekly Thoughts / Inspiration courtesy of one of your competitors:
From Karin: I didn't sleep very well last night and chose to sleep in rather than get up for a 6 am spinning class. My old brain message told me to just throw in the towel for the rest of the day, but I stopped myself and told myself that I can go walking at lunch and I go to the gym tonight.  I am going walking now......out the door I go.
Reminder: After this week I'm not going to send personal reminders to everyone for weights, so please remember to send me your weight every Tuesday. I don't want to be a nag and you're doing this for you after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails