March 23, 2010

Week 12 - drumroll please!

So today our little contest ends.  Seeing such great results was really inspiring.  As a group we lost 188lbs in just 12 weeks!!!  Give yourself a pat on the back.  And most impressive of all - even though some of us didn't do as well as we would have liked (self included), not a single person gained weight over the 12 week period.  For me this was less about the 12 week contest and more about living a balanced life.  So, I didn't rush out and eat a burger and fries today after my weigh-in, instead I scheduled a workout with my trainer at lunch.  And I went to a 90 minute hot yoga class after work.  And I made all of my meals.  All the things we have to do on a daily basis to reach our goals.  I hope we can all celebrate our successes but continue to stay on track - for some that means losing more weight and for others that means maintenance.

So, who is the Biggest Loser????

LORI!!!!

Below is the FINAL percentage of weight loss after Week 12 (this is a running total, not a weekly result).

Keri 1.01%
Marija 3.05%
Karin 8.56%
Carolina 3.85%
Kristy 1.69%
Auntie Ann 4.52%
Jennifer 6.29%
Tracy 6.06%
Danielle 0.47%
Claire 10.03% - THIRD PLACE exceeded her goal by 1lb!
LaVerne 3.87%
Jamie 2.63%
Amy S-C 1.28%
Chelsea 4.07%
Marcy 10.28% - SECOND PLACE came within a few lbs of her goal while raising 3 young daughters!
Lori 13.94% - FIRST PLACE exceeded her goal by over 3lbs!
Shannon 4.46%
Amy G-S 9.38% - FOURTH PLACE came within a few lbs of her goal, also while raising 3 very young daughters!
Amanda 6.99%
Michelle 7.78%

Marcy was in the lead for a good long time but Lori came from behind and never looked back.  Can you believe 3 people lost more than 10%?  That is so amazing!  Lori won our secondary contest too (who lost the highest percentage of weight in the last four weeks) but girl can't win all the props so the honor goes to Claire who lost 3.81% in the last month!  Way to go Claire.  No prize though other than your skinny ass.

Weekly Thoughts courtesy of your teammates/competitors:

  • Michelle: Down 1 whole dress size!
  • Claire: today i spent 30mins and $75 at the drycleaner- totally worth it to have my pants taken in several inches
  • Amy G-S: I have a donation truck coming: All Maternity and post-maternity (ie: fat) clothes are leaving the house. I'm only 2 lbs above Wedding & Pre-Baby weight (all three babies, that is).  My fat jeans are being demoted to the top shelf of the closet and although I have some "firming up" to do, I'm officially back into my "normal" clothing. Thanks, Keri for holding me accountable!!!
  • And how did Lori do it you ask?  No surprises here people - she ate right and worked out, a lot!  Duh!  5-6 meals per day - all prepared ahead of time so she could take them to work.  Lori did the Body for Life workouts - for those who aren't familiar they consist of 3 weight workouts and 3 cardio workouts a week - which Lori supplemented with spinning, pilates, aerobics and yoga classes.  Lori said her proudest moment was when she could zip up her skinny jeans, and now they are loose!!!  Way to go Lori! (Lori also said losing almost 30lbs was prize enough for her, so she's humble too - but please send her your congratulations).
Is it too soon to ask who's ready for Round 2?  Summer is right around the corner ladies.  Several of you expressed interest when you sent me your final weights.  Let me know when you might want to start-up, and if you have any creative ideas to keep everyone motivated.  Hopefully we'll get some new peeps too.  Warning - I'll shoot you quite a look if you weigh-in to Round 2 higher than you left Round 1 (uh hum, Claire).  For those of you who thanked me for the weight that you lost - I wasn't the one that did the work, you get all of the credit!  Personally I think the accountability is this biggest benefit that this group was able to provide, that and the buddy system.  So, good job ladies!  I'm so proud!!!  Congratulations to everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welll done, Lori, Marcy, Claire and Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's incredible! I know what you mean about not worrying so much about a number but more about a healthy lifestyle change. That is my goal. That and the gut needs to leave forevah. Not sure about that, but if I can just eat healthier more often than not, I'll be thrilled.

    and kudos to you for not getting a burger and working out instead?!!! I would have caved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If another round of competition is in the works, I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Jamie - I think we're starting on Tuesday 4/6!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails