March 9, 2010

Week 10 - you can do this, I know you can

ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT!!!!  Remember our secondary contest.

Some new milestones this week - Carolina is over halfway to her goal!  Claire is 1lb from her goal and still strongly in 3rd place!  Marcy is only 4lbs from her goal and still in second place!  I don't remember if I wrote about it last week but Amanda and Michelle have been over the half way point for at least two weeks now!  And, finally, drumroll please....Lori met her goal and is running away with this contest!!!!!    I'm actually excited to report the final results in a couple of weeks, we have at least 6 people on track to meet their entire goal - how awesome is that???

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 10 this is a running total, not a weekly result).

Keri 0.51%
Marija 1.91%
Karin 6.63%
Carolina 3.08%
Kristy 2.33%
Auntie Ann 5.16%
Jennifer 5.41%
Tracy 5.30%
Danielle 0.94%
Claire 8.74%
LaVerne 3.50%
Jamie 2.63%
Amy S-C 2.56%
Chelsea 3.44%
Marcy 10.28%
Lori 12.63%
Shannon 2.60%
Amy G-S 7.99%
Amanda 6.99%
Michelle 6.67%

Weekly Tip courtesy of Everyday Health:
Eat a Better Breakfast
It's advice we know — and usually ignore! Not only does skipping breakfast keep you from getting vital nutrients, it can lead to your grabbing tasteless, empty-calorie foods, like that stale Danish from the office coffee cart. "Breakfast stokes up your furnace and gets your metabolism going for the entire day," says Schmidt. And the best breakfast choices are fast and easy:

• Fresh fruit & yogurt
• High-fiber cereal with skim milk and fruit
• Oatmeal
• Smoothie made with nonfat yogurt, frozen blueberries, and avocado
Weekly Thoughts courtesy of your teammates/competitors:
Okay, this one comes from yours truly.  I totally killed Claire and myself Sunday with 30 minutes of high intensity weights followed by a 30 minute walk in the park. The plan was I was going to train my friends Claire and Chelsea then take a walk in the park, but then my trainer cancelled on me on Saturday and Chelsea cancelled so I had to do the damn workout with Claire. I had already designed it several days earlier with the thought that I would NOT be doing it with them, but would put them thru the ringer (insert evil laugh)…so it was brutal!
I used step ups with high knee, three sets of jump squats with a hold at the end, and running to the end of the block and back as a way to get our heart rates up in between set blocks. We kept the weights light and we did all our sets back to back which also keeps the heart pumping. I was pretty proud actually. We did the entire workout in my entry way.  You really only need about 30 square feet of space and two sets of weights for a really great workout.  Then we did a 30min walk in the park. I never push myself like that when I work myself out.  I really should - now I know I can.    p.s. have you checked in with your buddy this week?

2 comments:

  1. dude - how awesome are you guys!?! i start weight watchers tomorrow. give me strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? Not so awesome, but my ladies are wicked awesome. Good luck on weight watchers! Feel free to join us in Biggest Loser round 2 - not sure when we'll start but you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails