February 16, 2010

Week 7

Most of you can tell from this blog or facebook that I haven't exactly been on track.  Are any of you off track?  If so, let's take it one day at a time.  Today I will eat healthy, go to yoga, locate my journal and start using it again, plan my meals for the week, and plan my 1/2 marathon training program.  Tomorrow I will eat healthy, workout with my trainer, and go to the grocery store.  What are you going to do each day to keep on track?

Lori is still in the lead but Marcy assures me she's coming back strong next week so watch out.  Michelle is now over half way to her goal!  Amy G-S and Karin are on their way to a 7% loss.  Keep it up ladies!

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 7 (this is a running total, not a weekly result).

Keri 0.42%
Marija 2.29%
Karin 6.63%
Carolina 2.31%
Kristy 2.75%
Auntie Ann 3.87%
Jennifer 4.24%
Tracy 3.79%
Danielle 1.25%
Claire 5.18%
LaVerne 2.82%
Jamie 2.37%
Amy S-C 2.56%
Chelsea 2.42%
Marcy 8.72%
Lori 9.49%
Shannon 0.37%
Amy G-S 6.94%
Amanda 5.91%
Michelle 6.11%

Weekly Tip courtesy of Everyday Health:
Stick to Healthy Portions
Often, it's the amount of the food you eat that derails your diet. Suggested serving sizes are surprisingly small, and starches pile up fast. "One serving of pasta or rice is only one-third cup. If you eat one cup, which is not a lot, that's already three servings. A bagel equals five slices of bread, and can't be part of your repertoire if you want to lose weight," says Schmidt. Fats are even more concentrated. Just six almonds equal one serving — eat a cupful and you've consumed 1,000 calories! Apovian recommends the "new American plate": 50 percent vegetables, 25 percent protein, 25 percent starch, and a piece of fruit for dessert.

Size up portions this way:
• 3 ounces of protein = a deck of cards
• 1 cup rice or pasta, 1 medium fruit = tennis ball
• 1 ounce cheese = a pair of dice
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter = ping-pong ball
• 1 tablespoon oil, salad dressing = ½ ping-pong ball
Weekly Thoughts courtesy of your teammates/competitors:
Do this exercise...

Write down all of the excuses why you make it OK to not keep on track...It's enlightening. I feel like I've been doing nothing but knocking down excuses for the past 3 1/2 years. I even did so much as to quit my stressful job and get one at 40hrs per week. It's why I signed up for a trainer, and added a day last quarter. When I lost a lot of wieght the first time, I even stopped doing social events with food, I would only see friends to walk or do some sort of exercise...life is full of more challenges all the time, as soon as you tackle one, there's another.

Just don't give up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails