February 2, 2010

Week 5 - Is anyone losing interest?

So this is the week where I'm seeing some people get a little ummm...distracted.  Discouraged.  Losing resolve.  Don't get me wrong, we still have some major ass kicking going on, but this is the point where people start to see their results slow down and ask themselves if this is worth the work.  Some folks like myself find the accountability that this challange provides motivating but some find it discouraging when they have to report less than perfect results, so we have lost a couple of lovelies.  No one should feel bad, we're all in this together.

I still like to ask myself, do you want _________ or do you want those skinny jeans?  Or the old standby, Does anything taste as good as thin feels?  So buck up my little campers - onward and upward!!!!  Oh, and seriously, if I hear one more of you complain about losing "only 1 pound" I'm going to come to your house and smack you.  One pound in a week is an achievement...especially if you do that 12 weeks in a row!

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 5 (this is a running total, not a weekly result).  Lori is still holding her lead over Marcy but it is neck and neck!  Becareful Lori, Marcy's kids aren't throwing up anymore and she's back in the game!  Amanda is over half way to her goal - woo hoo!  And look at all of you that jumped up into the 4%-5% range!  We're only 5 weeks in, just think what you can do over the next 7 weeks!!!  Some of you will lose 10% of your body weight when this is all said and done - think about that!

Keri 2.11%
Marija 2.29%
Karin 5.52%
Carolina 2.31%
Kristy 1.91%
Auntie Ann 4.52%
Jennifer 4.24%
Tracy 2.65%
Danielle 1.56%
Claire 4.21%
LaVerne 3.34%
Jamie 1.58%
Amy S-C 2.56%
Chelsea 1.95%
Marcy 7.17%
Lori 7.78%
Shannon 3.35%
Amy G-S 3.47%
Amanda 5.91%
Michelle 4.44%

Weekly Tip courtesy of Everyday Health:
Develop a Better Body Image
It's easy to lose motivation if you tell yourself you'll never reach your goal of becoming a supermodel. Realize that most women don't have the "perfect" body — you might have some diet-resistant trouble spots, but that's no reason to quit. Find ways to celebrate every lost pound and set your sights on being the best you can be. "Focus on exercise and improving performance and the body will follow," says Apovian. Adds Schmidt: "I always tell my clients it's about being healthy, not about being thin."
Weekly Thoughts courtesy of your teammates/competitors. (sometimes I get a little backlogged, so if you don't see it this week, look for your comments next week.)
I liked what you wrote on the blog this week. I know part of it was from another person, but it represents us all (probably) very well.  One thing that helped me this week is having handy better snacks, like fruits, nuts (no salt), water/tea.  Also watching the portions; I don't know why, but when you go out they serve a huge plate loaded with food. OK, we don't lose money could be the first thought. But what I think is great, I have dinner tonight and lunch for tomorrow, so I divide the food in half and I ONLY eat one half of the plate, leaving the rest for another day/another meal. I believe we can eat almost everything if it's in moderation, being honest to ourselves and not making up excuses of why he choose what we did.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go everyone! And to add on to what was said above out going out to eat and getting a huge plate -- If you can't stop from eating the whole thing, ask for a to-go box at the beginning of the meal and put half away before you start eating.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails