January 5, 2010

Week 1 Results....drum roll please!!!

Congrats to everyone who chose to challenge themselves for the next 12 weeks!  I'm so inspired!  On a personal note, I've come to the realization that it is pretty much impossible for me to quit or slack off when I'm leading 21 other women - that's a good thing, scary, but good!  We had mixed results - some people kicked major butt (4-5lbs), most of us had at a very respectable 1-2 lb loss, some people are still on vacation so no results this week, and some I didn't hear back from so I'll catch up with you next Tuesday.  It looks like Marcy is our big winner for the week - awesome job!

Below is the percentage of weight loss after Week 1, in no particular order...

Keri   1.1%
Marija   1.53%
Karin  .55%
Carolina   0%
Kristy   0%
Auntie Ann   2.58%
Jennifer   1.18%
Tracy   0%
Danielle  .47%
Claire   0%
LaVerne   2.09%
Jamie   1.05%
Amy S-C   2.56%
Chelsea   .78%
Marcy   3.43%
Kathy   .5%
Lori   0%
Shannon   .37%
April   0%
Amy G-S   1.39%
Amanda   1.61%
Michelle   2.22%

Some interesting facts about us 22 women: 11 Michigan Tech Grads, 2 University of Phoenix grads (at least), 3 Pepsi employees, 1 actress, 1 brand new yoga instructor, 2 mother-daughter combos, 4 members of my family, 18 mothers (with at least 33 kids by my count).
 
Weekly Tip courtesy of Everyday Health. There are 12 of these in all so I’ll post one a week – they are so good I wasn’t sure which one to post first!  This first tip is one I follow religiously by using a journal to track my meals, workouts, and weight.  It allows me to easily see trends - good ones and bad ones - and make adjustments.

Jot Down Your Diet
Take a few minutes every weekend to map out your daily diet for the coming week. With a checklist format, you can tick off each item as you eat it. "It's important to track calories if you are watching your weight," says Dr. Caroline Apovian, director of the Nutrition and Weight Management Center at Boston University Medical Center. Adds Schmidt, "Keeping a record makes you aware of what you're eating and makes you a student of your habits, to keep you on course and prevent unconscious eating. Keep an exercise record, too."
Weekly Thought courtesy of one of your teammates/competitors.  If you have anything you want to share with the group, send it to me with your weight next week and I'll post it in this section.
Ok here are my thoughts for this week. I realized that until I was forced to weigh myself, I've been living in oblivion. We don't own a scale, because I always just based my weight on how I feel in my clothes. I was able to fool myself into thinking I hadn't gained weight. Time to pay the piper and create better habits. Making time to do it seems insurmountable, but I've been feeling pretty bad about my body for like oh I don't know 2 years, so it's time. Thanks Keri!
For those of you who are Über-serious and need more information, check back here.  If you watch the Biggest Loser you know the curse of Week 2 - we'll have to work extra hard this week to keep moving forward.  Bring it on ladies!!! 

p.s. did you take a before picture?  You're going to want one when this is all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails