December 20, 2009

So, Are You Going to be the Biggest Loser???

I've started Biggest Loser-type challenges at work a couple of times and they've been very successful.  Personally, I am motivated both by the competition and the accountability.  While my initial thought was to start after the New Year I started thinking to myself that I might not want to workout while I'm on vacation because I might hurt my chances so to speak.  Dumb.  So we'll start a little early and take advantage of the time we have off to do a little something nice for ourselves.  Take a little Me-Time this holiday and plan your workouts, meals, grocery lists, find a gym, by a workout dvd, etc.

A Few Rules:
  • First weigh-in will be Tuesday December 29th with a 1 week grace period for those traveling. 
  • Taking a 'before' pic is a good way to gauge your progress, followed by an 'after' pic when we're done
  • Weigh in every Tuesday for 12 weeks and report your progress to me via email (no one's weight will be shared on this blog but if you don't want to share your weight with me you can send me your percentage lost)
  • I'll post weekly results (unless you prefer to be anonymous)
  • Final weigh-in is Tuesday March 23
  • There will be a prize for the winner (uh, I mean loser), just haven't figured out what yet
A Few More Rules:
  • Ladies only, and only ladies I know (anyone else can certainly follow along)
  • We're on the honor system, cheaters need not apply
  • Weekly weigh-ins should be on the same scale, at the same time, in the same outfit (or sans outfit if you prefer) and don't do something sneaky for that first weigh-in like down a gallon of water or put on your snow suit (Claire, this means you).  See above - honor system.
  • The person that loses the largest percentage of body weight (not number of pounds) will be our Biggest Loser
  • Post a comment to this blog or send me an email if you want to participate!!! 
After the night I just had last night I'm so ready for this. Nothing like a good hangover and holiday excess to get things into perspective!  If there is anything I need to add or change to make this better just let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Keri, I am in! I will really get started after the New Year, but will be exercising as usual:). I bet most of us are artificially up in weight due to the holidays and will show bigger weight losses the first week we really give it a go. Well we can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. I'm thinking a little bit of peer pressure might get my ass to the gym instead the couch. Nothing like public shame to get me going.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails