December 28, 2009

Don't Forget...


My Biggest Loser contest starts December 29th so please send your starting weight to me on Tuesday at keri.batchelder@pepsi.com or via Facebook message.  No weights will be shared or published so don't fret.

The competition looks fierce:  Me, Karin N., Marija, Carolina, Kristy L., Ann K., Jen K., Tracy C-R., Danielle, Claire, Jamie Z-H., LaVerne, and Amy S-C.  That's 13!  Did I forget anyone?  Any more takers?  It's never too late to start.  I can't wait!

Forgot the rules?  No worries, check back to this post.

Jillian posted this on FB earlier this week and I thought it was fitting, write down "why" you want to lose this weight and use that as inspiration when you need a little push:
"He who has a Why to live for can bear almost any How"- Nietzsche. So true. Weight loss is hard. So how do you tolerate the "how" of it? The answer, "Why" is weight loss worth it. Example: are skinny jeans worth passing on donuts? Is avoiding heart disease worth 30 min of exercise? With the new year upon us, mediate on your "Why". Then begin educating yourself and acting on the "How".

4 comments:

  1. I sent my starting weight to Keri this morning. I am struggling with "the all or nothing" thinking, but am pushing myself to do what I can do toady---exercise and write down my "Why". I will be going to the gym to take a pilates reformer class, but I am not want to change my diet today. So, I am going to write down my "Why" to help guide me through this day and the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have struggled with the all or nothing trap in the past - while I have been successful when I am in the "all" mode, the "nothing" can really send you in a downward spiral. Now that I am old and wise, I am striving for a lifestyle I can sustain rather than a strict diet that I hate. You may want to try the Body for Life principal of one free day a week, or living the 90% good, 10% whatever idea. That way you can say to yourself, I'll be good because _________. As in, I'll workout and eat good every day because on New Year's Eve I'm going to have a fab dinner out with my husband with champagne.

    You've also hit it right on the head, start with small attainable goals and then grow from there. I've been using a journal for the last 10 years and it really helps you identify trends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It is not enough to take steps which may someday lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise." ~Goethe

    I loved this Goethe quote and found it to be fitting for us. This quote captures an important component for accomplishing any goal you have set for 2010.

    The steps toward our goal must be goals in and of themselves. We must recognize that each step is an accomplishment.

    With each step we should gain self-respect, determination and confidence. We are now 6 days into our challenge. What steps have you taken? Give yourself a pat on the back for what you have done so far. If you have yet to take a step forward toward your goal, then take a step today.

    The good news is that we can begin the process of change any day we decide to. The only thing stopping you from taking a step--is you!


    Your Affirmation:
    If you had made forward progress in your goal, take time today to celebrate and pat yourself on the back for what you have done. If you have yet to take a step, why not take one today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails