December 15, 2009

Best. Apple. Pie. Ever.

Impossible French Apple Pie - the pie so good you'll never want crust again.  Perfect timing for the holidays.

This recipe came from my Grandpa Bell, but may have been stolen off the side of a bisquick box decades ago for all I know.  But who cares.  Best.  Pie. Ever.  Hands down.

Ingredients:
6c sliced pared tart apples
1 1/4t cinnamon
1/4t nutmeg
1c sugar
3/4c milk
1/2c bisquick
2 eggs
2T butter softened

Streusel:
Mix 1c bisquick, 1/2c chopped walnuts, 1/3c packed brown sugar, 3T firm butter - mix until crumbly

325F, grease 10x1.5" pie plate

Mix apples and spices and turn into plate. Beat remaining ingredients except streusel until smooth. Pour mixture on top of apples. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.

My Tips: bake this on a cookie sheet as mine usually boils over. In Colorado it usually takes me about 80 minutes baking time...maybe it's the altitude or maybe I cut my apples to thick. Use more spices on your apples - it never hurts. I use more walnuts, because who doesn't like more walnuts. I like to bake this pie the night before or morning-of because to me it is even yummier after it sets up awhile.  Bon appetite.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails